My practice is interdisciplinary and generative in results often with intimate sculptures and object installations. I am interested in objects that synergise intimacies with the body and yearn for completeness within absents and separation. I am motivated by the differences within my practice and how works can become questioned and altered by engagement and evoking exploratory understandings.

My research unfolds metaphysical values that converge ideas around the intent of magic on material thinking and speculative folklore. This is a continual investment of interest and development. These values are exposed, compressed and fabulised within working methodologies that collectively pull together transitionary states, and confessions of experience.




Saturday 4 January 2014

Project Whisper…

For 2014 I have set myself a daily act of motivational making. Every day I will make a new piece of jewellery for that day, a wearable diary entry and personal involvement of meditation. I have set no rules of any kind the pieces can take seconds or hours to make and can be made from anything I choose. It’s a making principle designed to create spontaneous experimental work that celebrate the moment of making, choosing materials, nominating objects and calling each piece ‘finished’. I am intrigued to see some results and learn, adapt and strengthen my work through the act of making with no distinguished goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment