My practice is interdisciplinary and generative in results often with intimate sculptures and object installations. I am interested in objects that synergise intimacies with the body and yearn for completeness within absents and separation. I am motivated by the differences within my practice and how works can become questioned and altered by engagement and evoking exploratory understandings.

My research unfolds metaphysical values that converge ideas around the intent of magic on material thinking and speculative folklore. This is a continual investment of interest and development. These values are exposed, compressed and fabulised within working methodologies that collectively pull together transitionary states, and confessions of experience.




Tuesday 14 January 2014

Project whisper week two…

This week in making I have allocated time with more tactics; for example if I knew I had a very busy day planned I allocated 15mins in the morning before my day started. I have really enjoyed using some objects I have kept for years in mind for ‘that special piece’, such as the porcelain broken cherub on 14/1/14 and the rabbit bones on 10/1/14. Also on the 13/1/14 I purposely purchased plastic spoons to suit the vision of the daily object.




8/1/14, pin, plastic, fibre, resin, brass pin



10/1/14, pendent, caviar tin, resin, rabbit bones, googly eye, glue, nylon



11/1/14, brooch, wood, plastic, felt, resin, steel



13/1/14, collar, plastic spoons, fabric, plastic, glue, cotton, porcelain. Paint, metal



14/1/14, pendent, bronze, porcelain, amber, plastic, silver, steel, paint, leather

No comments:

Post a Comment