My work is about following each piece and being intuitively
open to an unspoken dialogue that spans a breath of choices and unknown exit points.

For me being an artist is an act of prosaic looking that feeds making for heterogeneous artefacts that confront the real world. I see my work as an anthology of objects, each being a unique incomplete tangible question that collects personal provenance. What stimulates my work and research is the ongoing amassments of stuff I collect and own. Obsessions happen without acknowledgement and my inventory shows no boundaries to objects, just an attraction that I find it hard to explain other than: we find each-other.



Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Project whisper week two…

This week in making I have allocated time with more tactics; for example if I knew I had a very busy day planned I allocated 15mins in the morning before my day started. I have really enjoyed using some objects I have kept for years in mind for ‘that special piece’, such as the porcelain broken cherub on 14/1/14 and the rabbit bones on 10/1/14. Also on the 13/1/14 I purposely purchased plastic spoons to suit the vision of the daily object.




8/1/14, pin, plastic, fibre, resin, brass pin



10/1/14, pendent, caviar tin, resin, rabbit bones, googly eye, glue, nylon



11/1/14, brooch, wood, plastic, felt, resin, steel



13/1/14, collar, plastic spoons, fabric, plastic, glue, cotton, porcelain. Paint, metal



14/1/14, pendent, bronze, porcelain, amber, plastic, silver, steel, paint, leather

No comments:

Post a Comment