My practice is interdisciplinary and generative in results often with intimate sculptures and object installations. I am interested in objects that synergise intimacies with the body and yearn for completeness within absents and separation. I am motivated by the differences within my practice and how works can become questioned and altered by engagement and evoking exploratory understandings.

My research unfolds metaphysical values that converge ideas around the intent of magic on material thinking and speculative folklore. This is a continual investment of interest and development. These values are exposed, compressed and fabulised within working methodologies that collectively pull together transitionary states, and confessions of experience.




Saturday 4 January 2014

My Circus collection

In 2012 I set myself a new theme for creative development based on a topic that has always inspired me in many ways. I sat as I do most times pondering the subject of the circus and what it means to me, and begun to ask myself just what is it that keeps me captivated? The result gave me a new working title and question to create and develop work with; ‘what if the circus was contagious?’ just over a year in making and I am still mesmerised with this working question there has been so far emphasis on colour and texture that I want to abstract even further. It is safe to say I can see this sub-subject will remain a focus for lots more work to be infective with and has resulted in the biggest 2D body of work for over 10years.

No comments:

Post a Comment