My work is about following each piece and being intuitively
open to an unspoken dialogue that spans a breath of choices and unknown exit points.

For me being an artist is an act of prosaic looking that feeds making for heterogeneous artefacts that confront the real world. I see my work as an anthology of objects, each being a unique incomplete tangible question that collects personal provenance. What stimulates my work and research is the ongoing amassments of stuff I collect and own. Obsessions happen without acknowledgement and my inventory shows no boundaries to objects, just an attraction that I find it hard to explain other than: we find each-other.



Wednesday, 30 March 2016

working drawings


So, a few people have contacted me asking about drawing. How important is it to my making? How do I use it within my practice? I have chosen very resent drawings to illustrate this. I tend not to overthink the act of drawing and use it to document thinking. My mark-making ranges from very quick lines to a build-up of collage surfaces. I add text a lot as instruction and annotation of material. I see my drawings as key points of developments as a process of planning thoughts and material investigations. I do not limit myself to a type of media and papers and surfaces are important for the translation of ideas. I usually work on loose pages so I can pin them in my work space then collect them to form a sketchbook.

 

quick drawings for using glass
material compositions and textures

layers

surface, form and colour
pin ideas
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen your drawings, they're beautiful. You should display them more often

    ReplyDelete